In 1531 the event “Our Lady of Guadalupe” disrupted the history of the New World at a time when indigenous peoples thought the end of the world had arrived. The Virgin Mary appeared to the humble Indian, St. Juan Diego, and miraculously imprinted Her image on the visionary’s coat. The cactus fiber, of which his cloak – called a Tilma – was made, should already have been dissolved for five centuries, but the coat is still there, its bright colors as if it had just been given to us, its mysteries still inexplicable. This mantle is not only a miracle in itself, but the image of the Virgin Mary imprinted on it makes all of us, witnesses to His presence throughout centuries.
Millions of us believe that the Virgin Mary has been appearing in Medjugorje since the end of 1981. Whether in Lourdes, Fatima or Medjugorje, we must believe the visionaries, we have no proof that what they tell us is the truth. By miraculously imprinting Her image on the mantle – the Tilma – of St Juan Diego in Mexico City on December 12, 1531, the Virgin Mary made us all become “visionaries”…
Motivated believers felt incited to propose a first International “Our Lady of Guadalupe” Congress, which will take place in Medjugorje from Saturday 9 to Saturday, May 16, 2020. We will have the privilege to hear the teachings by Bishop Eduardo Chavez, undisputed world specialist on the miracle of the Tilma of Guadalupe. He will be accompanied by many other specialists and important witnesses.
Our Lady of Guadalupe is the Empress of the Americas and the Philippines. She was also declared the Star of the New Evangelization by St. John Paul II.
Her soft and pretty, mixed-race face invites us, over time, to join Her prayer for the world. How many of us will join Her?
Who is this event for?
For everyone, as is the case with all “Maranatha Conversion” meetings, but perhaps especially for those who:
- Love “Our Lady of Guadalupe” and want to deepen this devotion;
- Have heard about “Our Lady of Guadalupe” the “Mexican Virgin” but realize that in fact they do not know Her, nor Her message of December 1531 given for the whole world, throughout time and space, to the humble Indian St Juan Diego;
- Know Medjugorje or want to discover Medjugorje, but wish to live it in a unique setting;
- Are attracted by the supernatural, seek to enter the mystery of the Invisible, understand that God wishes to communicate with us;
- Do not hesitate to get going, to meet others, to deepen their faith;
- Love to meet people from different countries, are open to others, like to interact with the world, not only in order to find comfort, but also because they know that positive changes in the world cannot happen without us;
- Are not ashamed of their child’s faith, or would like to find a child’s faith … Pope Francis affectionately mentions “popular piety” when speaking about the people who fill our places of pilgrimage and our churches.
- Specialists and theologians who will explain to us the message and the importance of Our Lady of Guadalupe and also of Our Lady in Medjugorje;
- Witnesses who will share with us how their lives have changed, how they were turned upside down when they encountered the Love of God, encounters made possible through the intercession of the Virgin Mary.
Whoever you are, if the theme “Prayer for the healing of humanity, prayer for the healing of mankind’s heart” is enticing to you, come join us!
Join us for moments of intense prayer – and also of fasting – for the healing of humanity and of mankind’s heart.
There will be time for exchanges between men and women of diﬀerent religious backgrounds, who are committed to peace. They will tell us how they are striving for it, how we could reach them in their eﬀorts, and perhaps help them.
Come and discover the major spiritual destinations of Bosnia and Herzegovina : Medjugorje, Sarajevo, Mostar…
If, together, we all hit the road,
If we refuse to admit defeat from the outset,
If we decide that from now on,
we will partner with Heaven for a better world,
Everything will become possible.
Nothing is impossible to God and He listens to our prayers.
If we are many, if our hearts are united in the same process of Prayer and of fasting,
for the sake of peace, for the healing of humanity and of mankind’s heart,
If we humbly put our lives in the hands of the Lord,
We can be certain that God will hear us,
That he will fulfill our prayers…
In Pontmain, France, in 1871, the Virgin Mary said: “OH! DO PRAY MY CHILDREN GOD WILL ANSWER YOU VERY SOON, MY SON LETS HIS HEART BE TOUCHED!”